Sign in or
PPL Nagel Visit
8:00-9:00 a.m. Overview of Partnership for Powerful Learning Pilot Project
Board of Education requests a technology proposal
Survey-parents and Nagel staff
- Security/care of devices
- Online Safety
- Educational Value
Online Presence Established-PPL Wiki
May 2010-January 2011
- Guest Network
- Electrical Outlets
- Device selection
- 21st Centurizing Your Classroom-See bottom of this page.
- Personal Learning Networks
- Technology Integration
- Characteristics of 21st Century Learning-See bottom of this page.
- Tech Integration Matrix
- ISTE NETS-S and T
- Experienced Voices
- Action Research
- Laptops at half mast
- Powering up
- Monitoring activity
- Parent Voice
- Parent Meetings (Q & A, Device, Learning Showcase)
- Parent Guide
- Parent Tool Sessions
- Launch of the pilot-Numbers
- Registration of devices
- Perception Data
- Sharing of staff culminating projects
9:00-10:00 a.m. Classroom Visits
As you tour the classrooms, here are some "Look Fors":
- collaboration-local and global
- student ownership/directed
- software used by students
- student role-choice/personalized learning
- teacher role-facilitator
- authentic learning experiences
- classroom set up-tables, chairs, electricity
- transparency of technology
- classroom management
1. How has the pilot project changed the way you approach lesson planning, instruction, assessment?
2. How do student roles change when they bring in their own device?
3. What have been the benefits and challenges?
4. How do you deal with the fact that some students have devices and others do not?
5. What are the three most important things that need to be done in order to prepare teachers for a successful BYOL program? Students? Parents?
6. Big, ginormous AHAs!
11:00-12:00 p.m. Student Panel & Student Showcase
1. How has the pilot project changed the way you learn? Organize?
2. What have been the benefits of the pilot project? Challenges?
3. What are the three most important things that need to be done to prepare students for bringing in their own devices?
12:00-2:00 p.m. Lunch & Future Planning (Optional)
This is a time for people to ask additional questions and to make plans for moving forward.
Latest page update: made by charrod
, Aug 2 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Partnership for Powerful Learning Home
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.